COVID-19 Vaccinator Position Posting
NYC REMSCO is contracted with the NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene to provide vaccinator staffing at NYC DOHMH Vaccination Sites. Operations for this position take place at various Vaccination Sites throughout the five boroughs. The Council is seeking highly motivated individuals to function in the role of Vaccinator, conducting the core mission of this operation, administering the COVID19 vaccine in order to reduce the rate of infection and bring about the end of the COVID pandemic. In support of this operation, vaccinators will conduct the following tasks and duties:
1. Administer Intramuscular (IM) vaccine injections in accordance with NYCDOHMH protocol.
2.Conduct intake screenings in accordance with NYCDOHMH protocol
3. Utilize clinical judgement and assessment skills to identify ill patients.
4. Collect and input patient data into the Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR)
5. Utilize tablet based applications.
6. Maintenance of proper infection control practices & work station decontamination
7. Properly handle and dispose of medical sharps
8. Follow the direction of field and administrative supervision
9. Adhere to NYC REMSCO policies on personnel decorum and teamwork
Position Type: Contracted
Pay Rate: $55/hr (EMT, LPN), $75/hr (Paramedic, PA, RN)
There are no benefits associated with this position
This is an IRS-1099 Independent Contractor position. Candidates should carefully review the labor laws and tax implications associated with being an independent contractor prior to applying. Information on being a 1099 Independent Contractor can be found at https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/independent-contractor-defined. For information on tax withholdings for Independent Contractors go to https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/self-employed-individuals-tax-center.
Candidates selected for this position will be contracted with on a provisional basis. Contractors must successfully complete necessary trainings and updates in order to remain eligible for work. Days and hours of available work will vary and be dependent upon the needs of the operation and the needs of city and state health departments.
Qualified candidates will meet ALL of the minimum criteria below:
- Minimum 3 years experience working as an EMT, LPN, PA, Paramedic or Registered Nurse
- U.S Citizen or Resident
- Must be a New York State Resident
- Must not have a felony conviction
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check
- Must possess current valid State Identification Card or Driver’s License
- Must have completed the NYS Online Vaccinator Training: Accessed at https://collabornation.net/login/nyems
Qualified candidates will possess the skills and traits below:
- Strong patient care skills
- Able to follow instructions and adhere to instituted policies
- Ability to function well within a team
- Flexible and able to adapt to a ever evolving operational picture
- Able to interact with a demographically and culturally diverse population
- Competent computer skills
- Responsive to communications via email and other medium
- Able to function in a complex environment with multiple operating agencies
- Attention to detail
- Able to stand, walk for extended periods of time while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Multilingual is a plus
- 911 (EMT/Medic) or experience is preferred
- NYC Residents will receive hiring preference