Below is updated information for the Wake and Funeral arrangements for EMT Yadira Arroyo (Flyer Attached). The original cemetery information was incorrect. The correct site is Woodlawn Cemetery in the Bronx.
Wake: Thursday, March 23, 2pm to 4pm and 7pm to-9pm
Friday, March 24, 2pm to 4pm and 7pm to-9pm
Lucchese Funeral Home
726 Morris Park Ave, Bronx, NY 10462
Funeral: Saturday, March 25 at 11am
St. Nicholas of Tolentine
2345 University Ave, Bronx, NY
Message from the FDNY Ceremonial Unit to non-FDNY agencies:
The FDNY is very grateful for all the support we have received in honor of EMT Arroyo 's supreme sacrifice, from the many outside agencies across the state and Nationwide. The long-standing tradition in the FDNY is only FDNY Vehicles will be in the funeral procession.
1. Non-FDNY Agencies attending with ambulances (marked vehicles) only, report to West Burnside Avenue and University Avenue for 0800 hours on Saturday 3/25. Agencies will be directed by the FDNY Ceremonial Unit as to where to stage vehicles. Agencies will be positioned along the route of the funeral procession.
Be Advised: NYPD will start street closures beginning at 0800 hours.
2. Any agencies (marked vehicles) arriving after 1000 hours will not be allowed access to this area. They will be directed to go to the parking area.
3. Agencies are asked to stand by their vehicle and place warning lights on prior to the arrival of the funeral procession as a mark of respected.
4. This is only for marked vehicles. If your vehicle is unmarked, please park in the designated parking areas. If you show up in an unmarked vehicle to this location you will be turned away
5. For a GPS setting the location is directly across from the Bronx Community College, 2155 University Avenue, Bronx NY.
Due to the extremely limited parking near the St. Nicholas of Tolentine Church, the location of EMT Arroyo's Funeral, it is requested that all members traveling in their personal vehicles please park in the Yankee Stadium's River Parking Lot, located at 1185 River Ave. Enter from River Ave, between 162 Street & 164 Street, or you can also park your personal vehicle in the Rupert Parking Lot located at 30-68 East 157 Street. Enter from the Major Deegan and East 157 Street. All buses are to use the Gerard Parking lot located at 1300 Gerard Ave, which can be entered at 165 Street and River Ave. Lots will be open from 0800-1600. All vehicles must exit all the lots by 1600.
Members are directed to take the D Train located at 161 Street and River Ave to 182-183/Grand Concourse. FDNY Personnel will be at the location to direct members to the church. Members are not to get on an MTA Shuttle Bus.
If using parking lot for other than personal vehicles, please check for any height restrictions!