Download flyer: CLI Announcement BMCC July 2019
Certified Lab Instructor (CLI) Course has been scheduled:
Sundays, July 14, 21 & 28, 2019, 8:00am – 4:00pm
Borough of Manhattan Community College
199 Chambers Street
New York, NY 10007
Program Coordinator: William Powell, CIC, RF, PC
We will be accepting COMPLETE HARD–COPY applications VIA REGULAR MAIL from Course Sponsor Administrators. Mail to: NYC Regional EMS Council, 475 Riverside Drive, Suite 1929, New York, NY 10115
- Only ORIGINAL applications received from Course Sponsor Administrators will be accepted. Applications submitted by candidates will be returned.
- There is a $100 course fee for each candidate. Payments must be made in the form of a Money Order to the Regional EMS Council of NYC. Personal checks will not be accepted.
- Once a candidate is accepted into the course, no refunds will be made. Entry into this course does not guarantee passing.
- Candidates must show skill mastery as part of the CLI course. Course Sponsors should only recommend candidates who can fulfill this requirement.
- Students should purchase ‘Foundations of Education: An EMS Approach’ written by the by National Association of EMS Educators prior to start of class.
The candidate application package must contain:
- ORIGINAL – Letter of recommendation (on official letter-head) from the Course Sponsor Administrator of the Course Sponsorship that will be providing the instructor internship.
- ORIGINAL – NYS DOH form 65: Application for EMS Certification (https://www.health.ny.gov/forms/doh-65.pdf) – if this completed form is not received, candidate will be excluded from class list.
- COPY of the candidate’s current EMT/EMT-P card.
NYS DOH REQUIRES that candidate must be actively providing on-going, direct, hands-on, pre-hospital patient care with a NYS Certified EMS agency, at the EMT level or higher for at least one year within the last three years.
Additional information can be found on NYS DOH BEMS Policy 16-02: Instructor Certification https://www.health.ny.gov/professionals/ems/policy/19-01.pdf
Learn methods of teaching, organizing, conducting scenario-based skills practice, and coordinating ACLS Provider Courses in compliance with AHA guidelines. Textbook provided. Student monitoring at LaGuardia offered free of charge on Sunday 5/17. ACLS Instructor Essentials on-line component required and not included in course tuition. Taught by experienced faculty – the REAL DEAL.